Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A rare opportunity... the proposal

I had a rare opportunity a few weeks ago that most wedding photographers don't get to see.. the very beginning of the wedding story-- the proposal! So, the story goes... I had gotten together with this couple, Tim and Joanna, to do some practice couples photography a month earlier. I later spoke with Tim privately and he indicated he wanted to propose to Joanna and wanted me to take pictures of it.

So we set up a ruse for Joanna-- I called her and said that some of the pictures from the couples session didn't come out and we had to redo them, plus I was missing a couple other types of pictures I meant to get. She totally bought into it. Tim and Joanna showed up with her suspecting nothing.




Tim and I never finalized a "signal" but I did say that I think that covered it. I did set them up so Joanna was looking at me with Tim behind her out of sight..



Tim then said "I have a pose idea!" and got on one knee:





Joanna was very, very surprised (and happy!)





Smiles were had all around. What a special moment! I was so happy to pull this off with Tim and give Joanna something to remember for a lifetime. And she got a pretty nice rock too!


They also will be hiring me as their wedding photographer (date TBD), which I will be pleased to do so. Thanks to Tim and Joanna for a special opportunity!

-- Andrew --

No comments: